Piyush Kumar Sinha
Full Time faculty at IIM Ahmedabad in the area of Marketing
Ph.D. (Sardar Patel University)
Dr.Piyush Kumar Sinha joined Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad after a 20-year service in academics and industry. Prior to joining this Institute, he was the Dean at Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA). He has also taught at the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and XIM, Bhubaneswar.
During his tenure in the corporate world he worked as a Marketing Manager for Gujarat Gas and Rasna
Area Of Research
Retailing; Shopping; Point of Purchase Communication, Strategy Formulation for Media
Store Formats; Store Choice; Shopping Behaviour; Observational Research; Retail Pricing; Category Management; Retail Promotion
Publications/ Articles/ Cases
He has several publications as papers, cases and books. His papers have been accepted for publication in international journals like the International Journal of Retail and Consumer Services, International Journal of Retail and Distribution; Vikalpa and Decision. A book on Managing Retailing with text and cases has been published by Oxford University Press. Some publications are given here that can be downloaded.
Nayan C. Parikh
- Managing Director of Nayan Parikh & Consultants, Ahmedabad, India.
- President of the IIM-A Alumni Association, Ahmedabad Chapter.
- Advisor for infrastructure Development to the Government of Orientale Province,Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Member of the Board of Governors of Ganpat University (Mehsana)
He is a Post-graduate in Management from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM-A). He is a Commerce & Law graduate.
Nayan Parikh & Consultants is a consultancy firm engaged in providing advisory services in the field of infrastructure, projects, finance and strategy management. The services are provided to various Governments and private sector units.
Important Government Roles Handled
- Chairman of Textile Committee, Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. Textile
Committee is a statutory body established by a Parliaments Act. The Textile Committee
has over 600 employees in its 30 offices all over India.
- Advisor to the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh for infrastructure Development.
- Advisor to the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh for privatization of Roads and Water.
He is an Advisor for strategic management services to Industrial groups helping them to achieve impressive growth.
Involved with CII, GCCI, FICCI, chaired their various committees.
Visiting Faculty at Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Entrepreneurship Development Institute (EDI) and various other Management Institutes.